Design can take many forms, at Michael Graves we have opportunities in a variety of departments beyond the architecture realm. We are excited to have you embark on a journey with us and become part of the Michael Graves team!
Michael Graves is looking for a senior accountant to join our team in our mid-Atlantic business unit! This position reports directly to the CFO, and will be in our Baltimore, MD office. The position will be responsible for all general ledger accounting activities. The right candidate must have excellent organizational skills and be able to communicate professionally with all levels of management, customers, suppliers, and staff. Additionally, they must maintain the highest professional and ethical standards. This position puts the right candidate on track to be our next Business Unit Controller in our accounting team.
Finance and Accounting Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all month-end closing activities including the preparation of journal entries as needed.
- Manage client billing process which includes meeting with the project team and the creation of monthly invoices and submittal to clients.
- Assist with the monthly aging reporting and collections. Give timely updates to Principals and Project managers on the status of A/R.
- Review all A/P invoice payment requests for proper documentation and accurate coding, and record in accounting system. Ensure timely payments.
- Enter subcontractor invoices timely in Deltek and verify the correct project and contract amounts.
- Responsible for financial reporting to internal stakeholders on monthly results and key performance indicators.
- Responsible for compliance with company fiscal plans, policies, and controls.
- Responsible for preparing daily cash report in support of Treasury Management including posting all deposits, checks, wire transfers in and out and clearing A/R.
- Update asset schedule (lease and purchase) regularly and post depreciation monthly
- Prepare bank and account reconciliations.
- Assist in budgeting & forecasting.
- Establish and maintain project numbers and information in financial system.
- Request and gather W-9 documentation from subcontractors and assist in annual processing of 1099s.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual financial statements.
- Minimum of 8 years of accounting experience, preferably in an Architecture, Engineering or Construction environment
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Microsoft Office suite, intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Familiar with enterprise level financial software, Deltek Vision and/or Vantagepoint experience a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
ABOUT MICHAEL GRAVES: Michael Graves is a uniquely positioned firm that merges the ideals of branding, storytelling and innovation with architecture and interior design. We cross disciplines and boundaries to bring groundbreaking innovation to cultural, residential, and commercial design including education, healthcare, hospitality, and creative workplaces to name a few. We are a leader in both universal and sustainable design. See the vast array of our work and meet our team at www.michaelgraves.com.
SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS: Interested candidates who meet the above requirements may email their resume and selected work samples to email@example.com. Please keep attachments under 10MB.